About Kumaon Getaway Cycling Adventure 3Nights/ 4Days
Kumaon region, located in the Himalayas, is often referred to as the Land of Gods (Dev Bhumi) due to the many important pilgrimage centers found throughout the state. Magnificent views of the Himalayan peaks, amazing setting of the small villages dotted on the hillsides and charming local cultures – provide the perfect blend for a memorable Himalayan bike tour.
Day 01 : Nainital – Sattal - (Cycling 42-44 Km.)
On your arrival you will be received at Kathgodam and driven to Nainital.
Today we will have an orientation ride to Sattal onthe country road as we pass some villages to reach Sattal. Sattal is an interconnected group of seven freshwater lakes situated in the Lower Himalayan Range near Bhimtal. The lakes sit at an altitude of 1370 metres, below lush orchards in the Mehragaon valley. Set amongst dense forests of oak and pine trees, Sattal is one of the few unspoiled and unpolluted freshwater biomes in India. These lakes are a paradise for migratory birds.
Day 02: Nainital – Mukteshwar - (Cycling 48-51 Km.)
Today after breakfast we will set out on the road leading to Mukteshwar via Bhowali. It is a beautiful ride through Oak and Deodar forests with picturesque views of the hills and the valley below. Mukteshwar is surrounded by a magnificent oak and rhododendron forest,it commands a breathtaking view(380 KM.) og Garhwal,Kumaon & Nepal snow ranges.
We will have lunch enroute and reach our destination
Day 03: Mukteshwar – Jalna - (Cycling 50-52 Km.)
Get ready for you’re the views of the Himalayan ranges today. It is a gradual uphill ride through pine trees that opens up to very picturesque landscapes. Located amidst Oak trees and terrace farmlands, Jalna offers great views of the valley and the snow-capped mountains.
Day 04: Tour Ends
Today post breakfast we start the ride with a thrilling downhill ride of about 20kms. You can expect to touch some spine tingling speeds on your bicycle on this stretch. The total ride is about 50 kms and a good combination of uphill and downhill rides. Post lunch we pack and prepare for departure.
Drop to Kathgodam Rly station.
No one understands the needs of a rider on this terrain like us and therefore we have created the ride in a way that irrespective of your skill level among the group of riders you will never be left unattended. The biggest challenge on this route is the altitude and we have ensured all safety and back up options like carrying oxygen cylinders to ensuring right nutrition and hydration plans for the riders to training our staff on basic first aid. We have specially designed the food menu and provisions during the ride to keep you well nutritioned and fit for the ride.
Per person cost is Rs.18900/-
Cost excludes service tax of 9%
This is a fully supported ride with Support Vehicles. The ride will be supported by:
- 2 Support Vehicles
- Basic first Aid
- Service Support
- There will be an mechanic/ support staff and also spares incase you are renting the bike from us
- Certified expedition Leader
- Work out Plan in the weeks leading to the ride
- All stays (double sharing)
- All meals starting with Lunch on Day 1
- All refreshments during the rides (energy bars, ORS, Glucose, Chocolates, water, dry fruits , chikkis, granola etc)
- Any personal expenses (a-la-cart meals at hotel, room service, ride time expenses, break down/repair expenses, laundry, local excursions not included in the itinerary, telephone bills
- Emergency evacuations or out of turn return to base
- Any transportation incase the riders decides to abandon the ride due to physical issues or otherwise
Terms & Conditions
- Vehicle provided as per mention tour plan (Point to Point Basis only)
- No Refund or Compensation for any unused services / transportation under any circumstances
Part Payment Option
- 100% payment to be deposited 30 days before the trip starts -
- 20% at the time of booking
- 30% within 45 days of the start
- 50% 30 days before the Expedition start
- Final Confirmation will be provided on full payment
- If the second and third instalments are not paid by the due dates, the booking will be cancelled
- The advance payment is non refundable
Full Payment Option
- 20 % Cancellation charges if cancelled before 29 days before the tour
- 25% cancellation charges if cancelled within a 20 days before the tour
- 50% cancellation charges if cancelled within a 10 days before the tour
- No refund for tour starting within 10 days of tour or after starting or middle of the tour
If we will not be able to meet the desired minimum pax for the expedition (you can choose any of the options):
- We will give you an alternate date
- We will refund the 100% amount
- We will charge the extra differential depending on the number of the confirmed pax and we will run the expedition
Rules & Regulations
- The rides will happen only in day light and Cycleit reserves the right to call off the ride for riders who are unable to reach the destination before sunset. Or find them unsuitable for a ride or find weather conditions unsuitable for riding.
- It is mandatory for all riders to wear helmets all through the ride
- Though the rides will be riding only in daytime, its advisable for the cyclists to wear reflective vests, carry front & rear lights and a warning horn/bell/whistle just in case of overcast sky/fog conditions.
- All riders are required to honor Laws & customs of the land
- Drinking / drug abuse /any other intoxicants during or afterward of the ride is strictly prohibited