About Weekend Getaway Kumaon - Padampuri Loop - Off-Road - (1N 2D)
Weekend Getaway Adventure is the best way to enjoy a weekend away from the maddening city roads and cycle to your heart’s content on the beautiful & pristine roads and trails of Kumaon. We have 2 types of cycling getaways.
The trails in Kumaon are almost untouched and therefore in very good condition. It’s a region that boosts of lush green terrace farms and cozy home stays and in between them are some of the great trails. The destinations we have shortlisted are not only beautiful but have been tested for a great riding experience and are easily accessible from Delhi.
We start with your pick up from Kathgodam Railway Station/ bus stop and arrive at your start point; assemble the bikes and brief you about the terrain , type of ride and Do’s and Don’ts. Lunch is enroute and Dinner is with campfire at destination. Following days will have similar schedule. Ride starts after breakfast and ends around 5pm with lunch enroute.
All trips are Kathgodam-to-Kathgodam. The nearest Airport is Pantnagar and nearest rail head is at Kathgodam. You can take the overnight train (Ranikhet Express) or the Volvo buses that originate from Delhi.
Off/on road: Type of bike MTB
Padampuri loop ride
After lunch we will start our ride through the pine forest and beautiful villages. Riding through the step farms we will have evening tea at a hill top tea shop at the u turn. We will reach back to base around 6 pm. Stay is a nice beautiful home stay about 45 min hike from the road head.
We will start after breakfast. It will be a loop ride of around 50 km via Maheshkhan forest. It’s a beautiful forest trail very calm and quite. We will come out near Bhawali which is a major Junction. We will have our lunch here. After lunch we will change pack our bikes and we will drop you to train/bus station for your journey back home.
No one understands the needs of a rider on this terrain like us and therefore we have created the ride in a way that irrespective of your skill level among the group of riders you will never be left unattended. The biggest challenge on this route is the altitude and we have ensured all safety and back up options like carrying oxygen cylinders to ensuring right nutrition and hydration plans for the riders to training our staff on basic first aid. We have specially designed the food menu and provisions during the ride to keep you well nutritioned and fit for the ride.
Per person cost is Rs.8500/-
Cost excludes service tax of 9%
This is a fully supported ride with Support Vehicles. The ride will be supported by:
- 2 Support Vehicles
- Basic first Aid
- Service Support
- There will be an mechanic/ support staff and also spares incase you are renting the bike from us
- Certified expedition Leader
- Lead Rider
- Ambulance on Call
- Work out Plan in the weeks leading to the ride
- All stays (double sharing)
- All meals starting with Lunch on Day 1
- All refreshments during the rides (energy bars, ORS, Glucose, Chocolates, water, dry fruits , chikkis, granola etc)
- Any personal expenses (a-la-cart meals at hotel, room service, ride time expenses, break down/repair expenses, laundry, local excursions not included in the itinerary, telephone bills
- Emergency evacuations or out of turn return to base
- Any transportation incase the riders decides to abandon the ride due to physical issues or otherwise
Terms & Conditions
- Vehicle provided as per mention tour plan (Point to Point Basis only)
- No Refund or Compensation for any unused services / transportation under any circumstances
Part Payment Option
- 100% payment to be deposited 30 days before the trip starts -
- 20% at the time of booking
- 30% within 45 days of the start
- 50% 30 days before the Expedition start
- Final Confirmation will be provided on full payment
- If the second and third instalments are not paid by the due dates, the booking will be cancelled
- The advance payment is non refundable
Full Payment Option
- 20 % Cancellation charges if cancelled before 29 days before the tour
- 25% cancellation charges if cancelled within a 20 days before the tour
- 50% cancellation charges if cancelled within a 10 days before the tour
- No refund for tour starting within 10 days of tour or after starting or middle of the tour
If we will not be able to meet the desired minimum pax for the expedition (you can choose any of the options):
- We will give you an alternate date
- We will refund the 100% amount
- We will charge the extra differential depending on the number of the confirmed pax and we will run the expedition
Rules & Regulations
- The rides will happen only in day light and Cycleit reserves the right to call off the ride for riders who are unable to reach the destination before sunset. Or find them unsuitable for a ride or find weather conditions unsuitable for riding.
- It is mandatory for all riders to wear helmets all through the ride
- Though the rides will be riding only in daytime, its advisable for the cyclists to wear reflective vests, carry front & rear lights and a warning horn/bell/whistle just in case of overcast sky/fog conditions.
- All riders are required to honor Laws & customs of the land
- Drinking / drug abuse /any other intoxicants during or afterward of the ride is strictly prohibited