About Cyclus Crank Puller Bottom Bracket Connecting Thread Tool (M22x1-M12x1)
CYCLUS TOOLS brand new crank puller - with an extra "long stroke crank"
When you have securely clamped the crank onto the axle by tightening and torquing the crank bolts, a specific crank puller tool is then needed to safely extract the crank arm from the axle.
How is this done when the bottom bracket axle has no fitting conical surfaces, such as on e-bikes? In such a case (= threaded bottom bracket) you need some extra help, as the position of the crank is determined solely by screw connections and the standard removal method can no longer be applied.
We have the solution: the new Cyclus crank puller, with a longer stroke extractor (more than 20mm)!
The new Cyclus crank puller enables you to remove both older type and newer deeper cranks quickly, safely and professionally.
To make the best use of CYCLUS TOOLS new crank puller, the following components are essential.
Crank internal thread M22x1
Bottom bracket connection thread M12x1
Special note : with the help of the CYCLUS TOOLS milling cutter (art. 720235) you can first ream out defective crank threads (M22x1); and then cut a new M24x1 thread by using the CYCLUS TOOLS tap (and die: art. 720245). At the end of the job, you won't just dismantle the crank, but will even repair it as well. Your customer will greatly appreciate this service!
Note : make sure you have got the Cyclus Tools fitting guides! Once you cut a new screw thread, you can use the fitting pullers from Cyclus Tools and thus pull off the crank as usual.
Further CYCLUS TOOLS articles related to this bottom bracket system:
- 720234 - CYCLUS TOOLS crank puller | crank inside thread M24x1 - M15x1 bottom bracket connecting thread
- 720239 - CYCLUS TOOLS crank puller | crank inside thread M22x1 - M18x1 bottom bracket connecting thread | Cannondale BB30
- 720241 - CYCLUS TOOLS crank puller | crank inside thread M22x1 - M12x1 bottom bracket connecting thread
- 720242 - CYCLUS TOOLS crank puller | crank inside thread M24x1 - M12x1 bottom bracket connecting thread
- 720243 - CYCLUS TOOLS crank puller | crank inside thread M22x1 - M10x1 bottom bracket connecting thread
- 720244 - CYCLUS TOOLS crank puller | crank inside thread M24x1 - M10x1 bottom bracket connecting thread
- 720013 - CYCLUS TOOLS tap for internal crank thread M22x1 | for re-cutting
- 720235 - CYCLUS TOOLS cutter core hole M24 repair thread
- 720245 - CYCLUS TOOLS tap for internal crank thread M24x1 | for new-cutting
- 720370 - CYCLUS TOOLS thread guide M8x1
- 720371 - CYCLUS TOOLS thread guide M15x1
- 720372 - CYCLUS TOOLS thread guide M12x1
- 720373 - CYCLUS TOOLS thread guide M10x1
What is Cycling Tool ?
Various Cycle tools have evolved over the years into specialized tools for working on a bicycle. Modern bicycle shops will stock a large number of tools for working on different bicycle parts. This work can be performed by a trained bicycle mechanic, or for simple tasks, by the bicycle owner.
About Cyclus Brand
Cyclus Tools produce affordable, high-quality professional bike tools. Cyclus Tools are based in Germany and their cycle tools are used by professionals and home mechanics worldwide. Cyclus Tools aim to offer bicycle tools at competitive prices with no compromises in quality, making them equally perfect for both home cycle mechanics and workshop professionals alike.