We are now shipping to all ALL ZONES across India. Further, NO DELIVERY is permitted in CONTAINMENT ZONES as of now.
About Garmin Fenix 5S Sapphire Glass Smart Watch
Get More From Your Workout with Less on Your Wrist
- Premium smaller-sized (42 mm) multisport GPS watch with Elevate™ wrist heart rate technology.
- Preloaded activity profiles for all of your sports and adventures.
- Put key stats at your fingertips with the performance widget that shows the effects and progress of your workouts.
- Connected features² include smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect™ online fitness community and personalization through free watch faces and apps from our Connect IQ™ store.
- Outdoor sensors, including GPS and GLONASS satellite reception and 3-axis compass with gyroscope and barometric altimeter.
For serious athletes and adventurers who want to do more, not wear more – fēnix 5S is the perfect fit. It’s our premium multisport watch that offers full-size performance in a lighter, sleeker, more compact design. So you can beat yesterday with advanced features such as wrist-based heart rate¹, built-in activity profiles, navigation functions, and performance metrics that measure the effectiveness of your workout. It’s one smart sportwatch you can comfortably wear anywhere – office or outback – to keep pace with your active lifestyle.
Wear Your Personality on Your Sleeve
You can also download the free Garmin Face It™ watch face app to customize your fēnix 5S with any photo from your smartphone. Just download the app, choose an image from your photo library, adjust the style for time and set it as your watch’s face. Whether it’s a scenic view from your last hike or a picture of your new puppy, with Garmin you can add personality to your watch that’s uniquely you.
Striking Design, Strong Performance
Athletes and adventurers come in all sizes. That’s why the fēnix 5 series offers multiple models that vary in size to fit every wrist and every workout. Each version offers a variety of stainless steel finishes, QuickFit™ watch band combinations and premium feature sets to give you the look, performance and lightweight comfort to match both your aesthetic and athletic interests.
Dual Navigation Networks
Every fēnix 5 series watch features advanced GPS and GLONASS satellite reception to track in more challenging environments than GPS alone. You can count on long battery life in each mode of operation (varies by model, depending on settings). And for go-anywhere confidence, all fēnix 5 versions are water-rated to 100 meters.
Outstanding Readability on the Run
A bright, high-resolution, full-color Garmin Chroma Display™ with LED backlighting assures great readability in all ambient conditions. Transflective technology that reflects and transmits light at the same time enables the watch face to become even more readable under intense sunlight.
Wrist-based Heart Rate
On your wrist, Elevate wrist heart rate technology lets you monitor your heart rate without wearing a chest strap. In addition to counting steps and monitoring sleep, the watch uses heart rate to provide calories burned information and quantify the intensity of your fitness activities.
Match Your Style with Interchangeable Watchbands
A selection of QuickFit bands in your choice of premium leather, metal or silicone makes it easy to mix and match styles to go with any sport or activity. No tools are required to make the transformation. Just swap, click and go.
Advanced Performance Metrics
Every fēnix 5S watch is packed with sophisticated training features to help monitor your form and performance³. Enhanced readouts for Training Status and Training Effect show aerobic and anaerobic benefits of your workout – so you can see how your workouts are paying off and even compare results with your peers. The VO2 max estimator crunches data, including your running speed, beats per minute and heart rate variability, to estimate the maximum volume of oxygen you can consume per minute. And other fitness metrics include recovery advisor with a recovery timer and recovery check, plus a race predictor that estimates your ideal finish time based on your current VO2 max number.
Advanced Running Dynamics
Now you can go further with your running data. Garmin training features that tap into extended physiological metrics and advanced running dynamics¹ can help improve your form and overall performance. These include:
- Performance condition: After running for 6-20 minutes, fēnix 5S compares your real-time condition to your average fitness levels.
- Lactate threshold: Through analysis of your pace and heart rate, fēnix 5S estimates the point where your muscles start to rapidly fatigue.
- Cadence — number of steps per minute.
- Stride length — shows your stride length in real time.
Want more? By pairing your watch with a compatible heart rate chest strap such as the HRM-Run™, you can access these additional fēnix 5S metrics³:
- Vertical oscillation and ratio — the degree of 'bounce' in your running motion and the benefit ratio to stride length.
- Ground contact time and balance — shows how much time, in the running motion, your foot is on the ground rather than in flight and lets you check your running symmetry.
- Stress score: fēnix 5S measures your heart rate variability while standing still, for 3 minutes, to provide you with an estimated stress level. The scale of this is 1 to 100; low scores indicate lower stress levels.
Swim Profiles, Skiing, Paddle Sports, Golf and More
Beyond their running functions, fenix 5 watches also offer special feature sets to help with swim training, skiing, golfing and paddle sports, including stand-up paddle boarding and rowing. For swimmers, the device tracks your distance, pace, stroke count and more. Ski/Board mode puts speed, distance, vertical drop and an automatic run counter (with Auto Pause for the lift line) and more at your fingertips. The feature set for paddle sports includes stroke count, stroke rate and even distance per stroke. Golf mode gives you yardage to the front, back and middle of the green for any single course you’ve downloaded from Garmin Connect – and also adds enhancements such as stat tracking (fairways hit, etc.), Green View, AutoShot detection and auto measure.
Navigate the Great Outdoors, Your Way
Each model in the fēnix 5 series provides comprehensive navigation and tracking to guide you on and off the beaten path using GPS plus ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass) sensor capabilities. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure. The 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing, whether you’re moving or not. In addition, there’s an internal gyroscope to help improve position accuracy (and battery life) in UltraTrac™ mode – as well as a thermometer to help you monitor changing weather conditions.
So Many Ways to Stay Connected
All fēnix 5 series models can support smart notifications when paired with a compatible device. Receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch – whether you're on the trail, on the golf course or simply away from your desk. Other connected features include automatic uploads to our Garmin Connect online fitness community, live tracking and social media sharing through our free Garmin Connect and Garmin Connect™ Mobile applications.
Custom Apps and Watch Faces
You can customize your fēnix 5S watch with free downloads from our Connect IQ store. Change your watch face, add data fields or get apps and widgets for information at a glance.
Garmin is continually working with top companies and developers to build partnerships that add even more value to your fēnix multisport watch. Names such as Uber, Strava, AccuWeather and many others offer apps and enhancements that let you tailor your fēnix 5S to fit your lifestyle in more ways than ever.
Physical & Performance
- Physical dimensions : 1.7” x 1.7” x 0.6” (42.0 x 42.0 x 14.5 mm)
- Display size : 1.1” (27.94 mm) diameter
- Display resolution : 218 x 218 pixels; sunlight-visible, always-on, low power, colorful display
- Color display : Yes
- Negative mode display : Yes
- Weight : With silicone band: 2.4 oz (67.0 g)
- Battery : Rechargeable lithium-ion.
- Battery life : Up to 9 days in smartwatch mode (depending on settings); up to 12 hours in GPS mode;and up to 28 hours (WHR on) in UltraTrac™ battery saver mode.
- Water rating : 10 ATM
- GPS-enabled : Yes
- GLONASS : Yes
- High-sensitivity receiver : Yes
- Barometric altimeter : Yes
- Electronic compass : Yes
- Smart notifications (displays email, text and other alerts when paired with your compatible phone) : Yes
- Vibration alert : Yes
- Music control : Yes
- Find my phone : Yes
- VIRB® control : Yes
- Watch functions : Time of day (12/24h), calendar (day/date), daily alarm, stop watch, timer, sunrise/sunset alerts.
Maps & Memory
- Built-in memory : 64 MB; available 37 MB
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest) : Yes
- Waypoints/favorites/locations : 1,000
- Routes : 30
- Track log : 200 hours
- Virtual Pacer™ (compares current pace to target) : Yes V02 max estimate : Yes
- Recovery advisor : Yes
- Race predictor : Yes
- Running dynamics : Yes
- Accelerometer (calculates distance for indoor workouts, without need for a foot pod) : Yes
- Personal records : Yes
- Compatible with Vector : Yes
- Multiple bike profiles : Yes
- Bike speed/cadence sensor : (optional)
- Heart rate monitor : (wrist-based)
- Virtual Partner® (train against a digital person) : Yes
- Virtual Racer™/Race an Activity (compete against other activities) : Yes
- Courses : Yes
- Auto Pause® (pauses and resumes timer based on speed) : Yes
- Auto Lap® (automatically starts a new lap) : Yes
- Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during an activity) : Yes
- Multi-sport (changes sport mode with a press of a button and/or with activity still in progress) : Yes
- Auto multisport (switch sport modes with 1 button press) : Yes
- Advanced workouts (create custom workouts) : Yes
- Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace) : Yes
- Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal) : Yes
- Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals) : Yes
- Heart rate-based calorie computation : Yes
- Calculates calories burned : Yes
- Aerobic Training Effect (measures impact of an activity on your fitness) : Yes
- Customizable screen(s) : Yes
- Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible 3rd party ANT+™-enabled power meters) : Yes
- Pool swim metrics (lengths, distance, pace, stroke count/rate, calories) : Yes
- Stroke type identification (e.g. freestyle) : Yes
- Open water swim metrics (distance, pace, stroke count/rate, calories) : Yes
- Swim workouts : Yes
- Measures shot distance (calculates exact yardage for shots from anywhere on course) : Yes
- Yardage to F/M/B (distance to front, middle and back of green) : Yes
- Yardage to layups/doglegs : Yes
- Digital scorecard : Yes
- Hunt/fish calendar : Yes
- Sun and moon information : Yes
- Area calculation : Yes
Activity Tracking Features
- Step counter : Yes Auto goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal) : Yes
- Move bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it) : Yes
- Sleep monitoring (monitors total sleep and periods of movement or restful sleep) : Yes
- Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data) : Yes
- Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to Garmin Connect) : Yes
- Connect IQ™ app support: Yes (watch faces, data fields, widgets and apps)
- EXO™ antenna (GPS/GLONASS): Yes
- ANT+®: Yes (all versions)
- Bluetooth®: Low Energy (all versions)
- Training Effect (measures impact of an activity on your aerobic & anaerobic fitness): Yes
- Training Load: Yes
- Training Status: Yes
- Lactate Threshold: Yes
- Weather Alerts: Yes
- UltraTrac: Yestempe™ sensor support: Yes
- TracBack: YesSki features: Yes
- Physiological measurements: Yes
- SUP/Rowing: Yes
- Foot pod: yes (optional)
In The Box
- fēnix 5S